The Maldives Ocean Plastic Alliance (MOPA) is committed to respecting the privacy of our members, volunteers, stakeholders and donors and assure that their information will not be shared with any third party. Our policy is designed to be clear on how donor information will be used and that the purposes will be limited to those that are related to our business.
How we use your information
- To establish a relationship and provide you with better service.
- To communicate with you to share information. If you tell us, you don’t want to received messages from us, we will stop sending them.
- To provide you with information requested. We take seriously each recommendation as to how we might improve communication.
- To process a donation, for example, to process a donation by cheque, direct debit or banking transfer. Donor private information is not retained for other purposes or after a transaction is completed.
- To issue and deliver a donation tax receipt.
How information is managed
- We use the information you give us only for the purposes described above.
- We have put in place measures to protect your information and keep it secure.
- We do not sell, rent or lease your information. Use of information is limited to the internal purposes of The Ocean Foundation.
- We respect your data protection rights and aim to give you control over your own information.
What types of information do we collect?
- Contact information; name, organization, address, phone number and email information.
- Payment information; billing information.
- Other information; questions, comments, and suggestions.
Removing Your Name from Our Mailing List
It is our desire not to send unwanted mail to our donors. Please contact us if you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list.